The Talking Animal/CGI Creature Flick

3.9.11



I remember when I was a kid, I saw the movie Dr. Dolittle. You know, the remake one, the one where Eddie Murphy was a vet, and somehow he got the power of Solomon, hilarity ensues with various plot twists, battery-beating heartfelt scenes and most of all freaking out faces, classic Eddie Murphy style.


Classic Eddie Murphy.


I never knew that these movie would be somewhat of a trend, with every year, there would be slew of talking CGI creature movies. The latest I could think of, as of September 3rd 2011, is The Smurf. After almost 10 years of watching these type of movies, I noticed there was somewhat a similar formula among them.


So I made a special flowchart to explain the process.



Just the facts

1. Talking animal movies have been around since humans figured out how to use the computer.

2. Most of these movies score an average of 0%-15% approval on the tomatometer. That’s the approval rating of sex education among parents in Malaysia.

3. Every year, these movies rakes in on average of 200 million USD in The States alone, which means there are more stupid people in The States than in Australia and New Zealand combined.



But what the hell. At least Malaysian studios are not jumping into this bandwagon right?





What. the. FUCK?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck this shit. I need to get off some steam. I’m going clubbing.

Inspired by Cracked

0 dishes:

Post a Comment

Twitter Next